| Architects Komor Marcell and Jakab Dezso were the designer of
one of the most representative buildings of the Transylvanian Secession.
Built in the style of Lechner school (upon initiative of Mayor Dr.
Bernady Gyorgy between 1911-1913) the place impresses both through its
external and internal decorations.
In the harmonious aspect of the whole, the Majolica roof manufactured at
Zsolnai factories in Pecs, Hungary, as well as the monumental inlay
carried out according to the plans of painter Korosfoi-Kriesch Aladar
stand out ; further, the bas relief's executed by master Kallos Ede dominating
the front of the building, as well as Korosfoi-Kriesch Aladar’s
frescoes inside, and the stained glass windows of masters Nagy Sandor
and Thoroczkai-Wigand Ede, worked by Roth Miksa. The internal
decorations are made from original, invaluable materials: the impressive
internal hall – 45 meters long – is made from Italian marble of
Carrara, framed by two Venetian mirrors. The two mythology frescoes
dominating the hall are remarkable.
Nowadays the Palace of Culture is mostly host of several culture
institutions (the State Philharmonic Orchestra, the County Library, the
Art Museum, the Art Galleries, the permanent History Museum etc. ).